Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 System
No Stock till January 2021 - Please email for more information?
Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 System (comprises of 4 x Satellite Speakers 1 x Subwoofer)
Designed to deliver full-scale audio fidelity from compact, stylish speakers and a discreet subwoofer, MASS combines all Monitor Audio’s award-winning expertise with sophisticated looks. The result is a new level of performance for music, gaming and movie sound alike.
Monitor Audio MASS Satellite Speakers:
Whether listening to music, a game or a movie soundtrack, the MASS Satellite speaker has the talent to bring your audio to life.
Thanks to the beautifully engineered integration of its two drivers, the MASS Satellite is an outstanding listen from the deepest bass notes to the crispest treble. Incredible dispersion and imaging put you in the centre of the action - and the satellite is as punchy and powerful, and as subtle and detailed, as you need it to be.
Inside the cabinet, a Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) mid/bass driver and soft dome tweeter deliver outstanding full-range audio performance. Outside, a choice of luxurious cloth finishes, and integrated cable management, guarantee an attractive look in any environment.
Monitor Audio MASS Subwoofer:
A sealed 15 mm MDF cabinet with 18 mm baffle, ample Class D amplification granting both strength and efficiency, and a big Metal Matrix Polymer (MMP II) driver make for deep, solid, rapid and well controlled low frequency presence.
MASS Subwoofer digs deep and hits hard enough to make movies and music spring to life. And though compact enough to be stowed out of sight, the MASS Subwoofer looks and feels as good as its Satellite partners in its choice of smart cloth finishes.
Designed to augment the deepest bass of Hollywood soundtracks, state-of-the-art games and music alike, the MASS Subwoofer delivers reinforced bass from its 203 mm long-throw driver powered by 120 watts of shove. It’s also compact enough to be discreetly positioned in a room.
Key features at a glance:
- Two-way, sealed cabinet, tuned for wide dispersion and optimal integration with MASS Subwoofer
- Rigid, braced and fibre-reinforced cabinet
- Custom-weave cloth finish, unique to Monitor Audio
- Compact design, with point-source acoustic alignment for precise audio focus and response
- 31/2" (89 mm) Mid-Bass driver featuring;
- – MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) cone technology
- – Advanced FEA simulation used to optimise the cone & motor unit performance
- 3/4" (19 mm) soft dome tweeter with thermal protection
- Integrated stand-mount point and wall bracket (compatible with MASM bracket)
- Rear cover concealing binding posts
- Compact, sealed enclosure with braced 15 mm MDF construction and rigid 18 mm MDF baffle
- Custom-weave cloth finish grille
- 8" (203 mm) long-throw driver with MMP II cone
- 120 W Class-D amplification for efficient, powerful performance
- Digital Sound Processing DSP providing accurate filter characteristics
- Advanced limiters guarantee controlled, authentic sound
- 3 pre-set modes (‘Music’, ‘Movie’, ‘Impact’) for superlative acoustics
Monitor Audio MASS Warranty:
Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 Systems carry a 5 Year Warranty
System Format 2-Way
Frequency Response (-6 dB) 105 - 34,000 Hz
Sensitivity (1W@1M) 80 dB
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Minimum Impedance 4.4 ohms @ 300 Hz
Maximum SPL 98 dB (Pair)
Power Handling (RMS) 30 W
Power Handling (RMS) With Amplifier Crossover (150 Hz) 70 W
Recommended Amplifier Requirements 25 – 100 W
Bass Alignment Sealed Enclosure
Crossover Frequency 3.0 kHz
Drive Unit Complement 1 x 31/2" (89 mm) MMP II Mid-Bass Driver and 1 x 3/4" (19 mm) Soft Dome Tweeter
System Format Sealed cabinet, 15 mm MDF construction with 18 mm base and front baffle Internally braced with sealed amplifier compartment
Lower Frequency Limit -3 dB @ 35 Hz / -10 dB @ 30 Hz (Free Field) Default preset: Music, -3 dB @ 34 Hz / -10 dB @ 25 Hz (In Room)
Upper Frequency Limit -6 dB @ 150 Hz
Drive Unit Complement 1 x 8" (200 mm) MMP II subwoofer driver featuring a 2" long throw voice coil
Linear Driver Excursion 15 mm Peak to Peak
Amplifier Output 120 W
Amplifier Classification Class D with high current Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
Phase Control 0 Degrees & 180 Degree pure Invert
Low Pass Filter Alignment 2nd order (12 dB/Octave), from 50 Hz to 150 Hz
Auto Sensing Input Requirements Line Level >3 mV Auto Standby feature after 20 minutes
Audio Input/Outputs LFE unbalanced input RCA Stereo unbalanced inputs RCA
Connection 12 V Trigger in (3.5 mm mono mini-jack, 4v threshold)
Electrical Certifications CE / CB/ ETL / Fcc / CCC/ ErP (Energy saving compliant)
Mains Input Voltage 100 – 240 Vac, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption Maximum 130 W, Standby <0.5 W (ErP compliance)
Fuse Type 20 mm T8AL 250VAC
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) 147 x 122 x 107 mm (513/16 x 413/16 x 43/16")
Weight (each) 1.12 kg (2 lb 8 oz)
External Dimensions (Including Amp, Drivers and Terminals (H x W x D)) 340 x 320 x 350 mm (133/8 x 125/8 x 133/4")
External Dimensions (Including Amp, Drivers, Terminals and Feet (H x W x D)) 359 x 320 x 350 mm (141/8 x 125/8 x 133/4")
Weight (unpacked) 10.2 kg (22 lb 8 oz)